[alberg30] conversion to deisel?

Alan P. Kefauver apk2 at home.com
Thu Aug 5 12:30:49 PDT 1999

From: "Alan P. Kefauver" <apk2 at home.com>

I bought an A30 with a 1965 GrayMarine engine. It had been sitting idle for 5 years, but had antifreeze in it. Drained the fuel tank, added new gas, changed the oil, plugs, points, distributor cap, etc. Fired it up and it runs OK. Runs better the more I use it. Needs a valve job, but pushes me a 5 knots at 1300 rpm. When I get the compression up, I'll easily do hull speed. Keep the A4.
Alan
Andante #152

ONElist:  the best place to EXPLORE topics, SHARE ideas, and
CONNECT to people with the same interests.