[alberg30] conversion update

Walshe walshe at unixg.ubc.ca
Tue Aug 10 23:59:50 PDT 1999

From: Walshe <walshe at unixg.ubc.ca>

Hello everyone:
Thank you all for your comments regarding the conversion question.  We've
been so busy working on the boat that I haven't had a chance to reply until
tonight.  We have disassembled and removed the A4 to a shop where it is being
cleaned up and will be tested, hopefully tomorrow.  It looks amazingly good.
All the parts came off easily and no signs of cracks or serious corrosion.
Crossing fingers.  Reading what you have all said, it definitely seems
worthwhile trying to work this old A4 - perhaps adding a heat exchanger since
it is currently sea-water cooled.  Anyway, we'll know more in the next couple
of days.  Will let you know....

By the way, how does one know what the hull number is?  How many hulls are
accounted for?

Catherine

Show your ONElist SPIRIT!
http://www.onelist.com/store/tshirts.html
With a new ONElist SHIRT available through our website.