[alberg30] Rudder and Backing up

Joyce Sousa jsss at net1plus.com
Sun Aug 15 17:25:56 PDT 1999

John,

#1 The Alberg 30 doesn't like to back up, we cured this problem with a 3
blade prop and what a difference. The original 2 blade did not problem
enough motion in reverse to attain any steerage.

#2 The hole in the front of the rudder cap should have a captive pin
threaded into the cap which centers into the rudder stock holding the
rudder cap in check to the stock. If the rudder cap is slipping side to
side on the rudder stock it does promote a dangerous situation.

Stephen Sousa
Carina Vela