[alberg30] alberg 25 ???

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Tue Aug 17 14:43:38 PDT 1999

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi Paul,
Yes, I had to 'weigh in' on this Alberg discussion.  I had the A22, so you
remember correctly.  You seem to know a thing or two about our designer as
well.  There are a few Comanders in my area; they are the same hull as the
25.6 foot Ariel, with the large cockpit/smaller cabin configuration. The sail
plan is the same. I agree the Ariel is a great boat. My friend has one, and I
have had great sails with him.  She is an amazing sailer; fast in light air,
but so weatherly, too.  My friend is realy lazy and hates to reef, and the
boat is so stiff that he gets away with it. And for her length, the cabin is
so comfortable.  I had a chance to buy one a couple of years ago; some
australian kid came to the states for his 'walkabout' and bought this Ariel
to cruise the NE coast.  He had to go home finaly, and just wanted to get rid
of the boat.  Some of her gear was older, sails included, but everything
worked, and was clean.  All for 2500.00.  But the timing was just wrong.  And
I have to admit her straight shear and huge doghouse are always an eyesore to
me.  So now I have the prettier, faster, inboard engine A30, and I guess
all's well that ends well.
Take care Paul,
Lee
Stargazer #255

You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com by starting a new list at ONElist.
Drawing is held each week through August 20.  For details, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html