[alberg30] Gray Mar Coil - Spark plug problems

greg vandenberg fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net
Wed Aug 18 11:23:21 PDT 1999

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net>

Dan... I've been very suspicious of my carboration and was the reason for
running the hotter plugs. The plugs were black and I did wire brush them and
tried them again but was still suspect (running a little better) so I put in a
spar set and every thing ran great from then on. I have dodged resetting the
mixture because of the access problem I perceive in getting to the needled
valves...... Question: Would foul plugs act as Alan's motor did...  great in
neutral and reverse and lousy in forward. Alan's solution was to replace the
coil.... HUMMMM?

Standing by- Greg

Dan Sternglass wrote:

> From: Dan Sternglass <dans at stmktg.com>
>
> greg vandenberg wrote:
> >
> > From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net>
> >
> > I would like to chime in on Alan's woes... I was in a same situation over the
> > weekend... my solution was to change the plugs...
>
> Greg,
>
> I had an Atomic-4 problem last season with excessive plug fouling,
> forcing me to change the plugs. The problem turned out to be that the
> main mixture setting was set WAY too rich. Don't know if that is your
> problem, but if the plugs are fouled black, it might be.
>
> --Dan Sternglass
> dans at stmktg.com
> "Watcher of the Skies", #201, 1966, Ithaca, NY, Cayuga Lake

> ONElist now brings ICQ Instant Messaging to members
> For details,

You can WIN $100 to Amazon.com!
If you join ONElist’s FRIENDS & FAMILY program.  For details, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html