[alberg30] alberg 25 ???

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Wed Aug 18 22:55:32 PDT 1999

From: RABBIT649 at aol.com

Thanks, Scott! I found the website and filled out the online quote request.
I'll mention you to Mike Orro when I speak to him.
regards,
Paul

In a message dated 8/18/99 6:49:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tristan at one.net
writes:

> From: Scott Wallace <tristan at one.net>
>
>  Hi Paul,
>
>  YEs, Triad has blueprints on most of our boats and can make up a custom
> trailer
>  for the Alberg 30!!!  They have a website at www.sailnet.com/triad/
>  You can also reach them via: TRIAD Trailers Ltd., 90 Danbury Rd., New
> Milford, CT
>  06776 or call the owner.president, Michael Orro...He will quote you a
price
> and
>  delivery...Tell em wild Scott send you!  The Pearson Electra guy...Their
> trailers
>  are the best designed and made sailboat trailers I have ever seen!  They
> make the
>  BMW of boat trailers and their prices are reasonable...
>
>  Good Luck,
>
>  Scott
>
>  RABBIT649 at aol.com wrote:
>
>  > From: RABBIT649 at aol.com
>  >
>  > Thanks Scott. Sounds like a nice boat. I've never seen an Electra,
> although
>  > I've seen plenty of Ensigns.
>  > If you ever want to sell it, let me know, although my inclination in an
> under
>  > 30' boat is towards an open cockpit. When daysailing, I really don't
spend
>  > that much time below in the 30 and certainly wouldn't if I didn't have
> full
>  > headroom.
>  > Do you know if Triad makes a trailer for the 30 and how much they get?
How
> [...]
>  > >
>  > >  Paul,
>  > >
>  > >  We have a 1963 Pearson Electra, the original cruising configuration
of
> what
>  > >  later became the Pearson Ensign with a larger cockpit and small cuddy
>  > cabin.
>  > >  We
>  > >  bought a new TRIAD trailer for our little Electra...it has a handsome
>  > > looking
>  > >  double step cabin house, low headroom below decks but really twin
> berths
>  > > about
>  > >  6' 5" in the main cabin and a small V-berth forward with a marine head
>  > below.
>  > >
>  > >  It also has a built in cooler with a removable top - it is located
> behind
>  > > the
>  > >  nice mahogany ladder that leads up to the bridge deck...The Electra
> also
>  > has
>  > > a
>  > >  mast head rig with deck stepped mast...We really love our Spindrift -
> we
>  > > sailed
>  > >  her in 6' seas and 20 knot winds on Lake Erie many times last summer
> and
>  > > often
>  > >  were only acompanied by a Swede 55 and a Pearson 35!  She has the same
>  > hull
>  > > as
>  > >  the Ensign and sails like a dream!!!!
>  > >
>  > >  Scott Wallace
>  > >
>  > >  RABBIT649 at aol.com wrote:
>  > >
>  > >  > From: RABBIT649 at aol.com
>  > >  >
>  > >  > Yes Lee, I remember now you discussing the A22 with someone who'd
> seen
>  > one
>  > >  > for sale. Your discussion comprises all I know to date of the A22,
> having
>  > >  > never laid eyes on one myself.
>  > >  > In re your comment that there are several Commanders in your area.
> had
>  > a
>  > >  > chance to buy one of those for $2000 and the same situation:bad
> timing.
>  > > Now I
>  > >  > own the 30, and I love it but don't get the use out of it due to
time
> and
>  > >  > health and thought I might be happier with a big daysailer like the
>  > > Commander
>  > >  > or even an Ensign, especially if there was a trailer involved. I'd
>  > > appreciate
>  > >  > it if you'd send me info on any you see for sale. No rush. Just

Transfer your big list to ONElist and earn $500!
For program details, go to
http://www.onelist.com/info/biglistbon_intro.html