[alberg30] A-30 owners with diesels

Charles Haggart chaggart at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 19 07:09:27 PDT 1999

From: "Charles Haggart" <chaggart at sympatico.ca>

Guy:

I saw your boat on the hard at the marina in April of this year. I grew up
in Aylmer and was home for a High School reunion at Philemon Wright some one
told me there was an Alberg down at the marina.  We went down, I saw yours,
I recognised her because we had looked at her a few summers ago during one
of our fact finding missions. We liked her but we didn't have the money at
the time.

There is also a wooden continental Folkboat (built by Whitby Boat Works in
the early sixties) in the marina yard, mahogany strip plank, 27.5 ft. loa 6
ft. beam. There were only a few built, eight or so. Beautiful to sail, loves
the wind. In all the years I owned here I only ever saw two of her sisters,
one all beat up in a shed in Toronto's east end and the other in Aylmer. I
owned one for 18 years and sold it in February to buy the Alberg. Strange
that the sister of my first boat and the boat I considered buying end up in
the town I grew up in.

Our boat in called Trillium III and we sail out of Alexandra Yacht Club in
Toronto. We are in the process of bringing her back. There is a lot of
cosmetic things to do over the next few years. Next time I am up to Aylmer
I'll let you know and maybe we can get together.

Charles Haggart #150

ONElist users:  YOU can win a $100 gift certificate to Amazon.com.
Check out the FRIENDS & FAMILY program to find out how.
For details, go to http://www.onelist.com/info/onereachsplash3.html