[alberg30] Various questions

Joe Tokarz alberg30 at interactive.net
Sun Aug 29 00:22:35 PDT 1999

From: alberg30 at interactive.net (Joe Tokarz)

Rick:
Consider putting an external VHF all-weather speaker in the original
compass location. We have had one there several years and it works great--I
could never hear the VHF while in the cockpit anyway. West Marine sells an
inexpensive speaker hat does the job well.

Joe Tokarz #499
"One Less Traveled"

----------
> From: Richard Hurt <rhurt at metro.net>
> To: alberg30 at onelist.com
> Subject: [alberg30] Various questions
> Date: Saturday, August 28, 1999 8:25 PM
>
> From: Richard Hurt <rhurt at metro.net>
>
> Have have a few questions for the group and any input would be
appreciated.

> 1.  Planning on putting a bulkhead mounted compass in #531 due to
negative
> reports about having it over the engine, and preferring it closer to eye
> level.  For those of you who no longer use the old compass location, is
> there any use for this hinged cover.  I'm considering taking the hinges
off
> and glassing it down before I paint out the deck.
>
> 2. What is the normal configuration for the Alberg water lift mufflers?
> Mine was fitted with a Vetus water lock muffler.  Reviewing the
> recommendations for waterlift mufflers in Good Old Boat magazine, it is
> going to be tough (impossible) to get the muffler 12" below the engine
> exhaust as they call for.  The waterlock was placed above the stern tube,
> though it has been a couple of years since I pulled the engine and I
can't
> remember it's exact placement.  My engine uses an elbow and a bronze Tee
> for the injection point.  I'd like to have an elbow that injects water
away
> from the exhaust manifold to prevent water from spashing back up toward
the
> engine.  Any one have a source for these, or are they normally home made?

> Rick Hurt
> Corinna

> ONElist:  your connection to people who share your interests.

ATTENTION ONElist MEMBERS:  Get your ONElist news!
Join our MEMBER NEWSLETTER here: