[alberg30] PHRF QUESTION

David Swanson zira at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 30 16:57:34 PDT 1999

From: David Swanson <zira at mindspring.com>

All -

I had the same problem.  I bought a used bowl for $5, but I also bought a glass bowl
from NAPA for about the same.  It is the correct size, but of course may break.  The
metal one may rust (mine rusted from the outside in, by the way).

Choose yer poison, as they say.

dls
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229

greg vandenberg wrote:

> From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net>
>
> greg vandenberg wrote:
> >
> > That's so weird...!!!! 1st: Russ I sent my reply to you OFF the list because
> > it did nt have alot of general info for the group. 2nd: I had a gas leak last
> > summer and it was the EXACT same problem. A pin hole in the base of the of the
> > sediment blow. A mystery for a few hours till we spotted it by holding it up
> > to the sun and then you could see this tinny little hole. My fix was some
> > epoxy putty in that tiny little hole... but were watching it!
> >
> > regards- Greg
> >
> > PS: This is coming back on the list.
> >
> > Rap1208 at aol.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi everyone, just a general warning!  I was having a gas smell this summer,
> > > and after running the blower it seemed to go away.  Finally it wouldn't, and
> > > a mechanic and I spent some time trying to figure it out.  The source, ( I'm
> > > sure you all want to know) was a pinhole leak in the bottom rounded edge of
> > > the sediment bowl.  I found a new one at Marysville, at $80.00.  Must be some
> > > cheaper than that!  I already bought it to solve my problem, and it comes
> > > with a new gasket.  Look for this if you smell gas.
> > >   Ca Va  was built late 1967 and still has it's Atomic 4 in good running
> > > condition.
> > > Russ Pfeiffer

> Congrats to our GROW TO GIVE winners, ZENtertainment & ROTInews!
> http://www.onelist.com
> Check out ONElist's latest program, FRIENDS & FAMILY.  See homepage.

ONElist:  the best place to EXPLORE topics, SHARE ideas, and
CONNECT to people with the same interests.