[alberg30] re holding tank

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Tue Aug 31 23:21:50 PDT 1999

From: RABBIT649 at aol.com

Dear George,
    I have a RARITAN Lectrasan somebody gave me that I havn't installed yet.
It zaps the waste with about 50 amps for three minutes and is supposed to
convert it to be legal for discharge in some places. Do you know where and
where not? I forgot what the guy told me.
Paul,
Ashwagh #23

In a message dated 8/31/99 7:13:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gewhite at crosslink.net writes:

> From: Gordon White <gewhite at crosslink.net>
>
>  The Alberg head is still pretty low with the raised base. It OUGHT to
above
> the
>  water line for safety. I use a group-buy tank that fits under the port
> forward
>  bunk. Not a lot of capacity, but it is really for show anyway, isn't it?
>      Sailed north of Vancouver BC this month and they have NO overboard
> discharge
>  rules there. Some are being considered for small enclosed harbors like
that
> at
>  Gorge Harbor, but there is no law against pumpouts in the Straits of
Georgia.

>  Interesting to me, considering Canadian rules elsewhere. Of course we sail
> on
>  the Chesapeake and try to be careful. I dump my stuff in a toilet ashore as
>  there are no pumpout stations within miles of me.
>                                  - Gordon White A-275

Congratulations to THE_COALITION. Our latest ONElist of the week.
For full story and to submit yours, go to