[alberg30] PHRF QUESTION

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Fri Aug 27 07:20:46 PDT 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Greg, On Lk St Clair, or rather in DRYA (Detroit river yachting assoc) my
rating is 240.  Giving you 250 or 260 was ver generous.  My boat was rated
225 when I bought her, but no one had rced a A 30 in many years.  Eventually,
slowly, it was raised to 240......3 to 6 seconds at a time.  This seems fair
to me.  I've raced three races in the summer series, JAM and have a 1st  3rd,
and 1st, correcting out over a Catalina 30 and others  .  My class runs from
156 up, and I am the highest rated.. I have a 2 blade prop, which you can
mostly hide behind the keel.  (If you have marked  the shaft with white paint
when in the yard, making sure the prop is hidden behind the keel when you
mark the shaft.  We put the engine in gear, switch off. and bump the starter
until it lines up, before a race.   With a a 250 rating you should eat them
up.  Good luck, Russ

ONElist:  your connection to like-minds and kindred spirits.