[alberg30] Pocket cruiser?

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Thu Feb 25 09:09:16 PST 1999

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi Dick,

  My Alberg 22 was a pocket cruiser, and what a sweet one, at that.  Sure, it
was cramped in the cabin, and to get to alot of things, you had to move alot
of other things, which was my biggest objection.  Trying to keep the bunks dry
when you came down below with wet foul weather gear on was always fun.  But
she sailed so nicely, and was so light on the helm, and her motion was so
light and responsive.  The last is what I miss most.  She is actualy down on
the Chessapeke now, with most of you guys, out of Rock Hall. Navy  blue hull.
If you see her, wave for me, and tell her I miss her!
  But no, you can't call the Alberg 30 a pocket cruiser. Once you have a
seperate head, (well, Stargazer doesn't have a seperate head right now, but
she's supposed to) and you can stand up in the cabin,you graduate from the
pocket cruiser category, not to mention 410 sq. ft. of sail!
Best regards,
Lee Trachtenberg
big cruising boat Stargazer #255