[alberg30] Re: rudder / pintle

J.Sousa jsss at net1plus.com
Fri Feb 12 18:59:59 PST 1999

From: "J.Sousa" <jsss at net1plus.com>

Gordon:

I replaced the pintle and gudgeon on #114 during the restoration project
. I purchased the set from New Found Metals  located in Washington
State. The set  is manufactured for the Pacific Seacraft Dana 25 and fit
the Alberg hull. I had to modify the rudder by cutting a pocket which
accepted the gudgeon. The gudgeon was fit to the hull and bolted with
bronze bolts. The cost of the set was approximately $150.00. Some of the
members have used the stainless units from the J-24 which isn't
recommended due to internal corrosion from being submerged for extended
lengths of time. Hope this helps.

Stephen Sousa
#114 Carina Vela