[alberg30] Alberg 30 General

Carl Clarkstone oracle_29 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 14 13:26:05 PST 1999

From: "Carl Clarkstone" <oracle_29 at hotmail.com>

Hi All
I am new to the list.
I am looking at an approx 64' alberg 30. The port side bulkhead where
the outer stay chain plate attaches has a fair amount of dry roy in it,
there is also evidence of a couple of smaller deck leaks in the area of
the forward inner stays on both sides. I realize these will have to be
repaired.
I have concerns that the rot has spread into the deck from the chain
plates, since this is an old boat I believe it has the "masonite" cored
deck as opposed to plywood. Does anyone know if this is more or less
likely to rot.
Also any other danger spots to check for would be most appreciated.
Thanks
Carl Clarkstone