[alberg30] Coachroof Winch Base

Guy Lalonde guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 19 17:37:20 PST 1999

Hi folks,
my boat is snowed in and covered with a tarp for the winter.
I would need a measurement from someone out there who
may have easy access to their A30.
I'm looking into installing a winch on the coachroof to bring
a few lines aft. There is a winch base molded on the coach
roof on starboard. Before selecting a winch, I would need
to know the diameter of that winch base.

Can someone measure that for me, and let me know the
hull number it was measured on ? The following observation
would also be handy: If the diameter at the base of the winch
drum were larger than the diameter of the winch base on the
coachroof, is there any obstruction on the coachroof that
would prevent it from turning (is the winch base high enough
with respect to the rest of the coachroof) ?

Thanks in advance.
Guy.        Cyrena #466
guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca