[alberg30] Re: Boom Gallows-source for stainless gallows

alberg30 alberg30 at planet.net
Sun Jan 24 06:42:51 PST 1999

From: "alberg30" <alberg30 at planet.net>

Greg:

The West Marine catalogue has everything we need and I think for @$100 or
less! A 12' piece of 1" OD stainless tubing is about $50 and bases are @$20
I think. I can scan/email the pages if you like.

But I'm still concerned about mounting the two legs of the gallows. If you
mount them far aft of the cockpit, there's little combing to support them
laterally. Farther forward is always a possibility, but I think it ruins
some of the look.

If you support the legs by guide lines, how does that crowd the deck- what
little there is at that end.

Suggestions?

Joe
#499 One Less Traveled