[alberg30] Re: spinnaker pole

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Fri Jan 1 12:44:15 PST 1999

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

The original tritons had wooden booms. very pretty.
I have a 20 foot spinaker pole that was stored down my dad's basement ever
since I can remember.  My mom sold the house last year, so I had a dilemma.  I
had boxes and boxes and boxes of usualble gear, plus an old gaff from his
AldenBarnacle, pluse some small woooden jib booms, and god knows what else.  I
ended up renting a storage facility until I can make up my mind what to do
with all this stuff.  But in the meantime, I have this too long spinaker pole,
with the bronze end fittings and everything.  It is painted white, but it
weighs nothing, and I'm sure wooded down and varnished, it would be beautiful.
Of course I would have to cut it down to fit, and would that be a crime? At
least it would be used again.  I;m not going to have a 50 boat in the near
future I cant decide what to do. What do you think, friends?
Lee Trachtenberg
Stargazer #255
Happy new year!!!!!!