[alberg30] Re: spinnaker pole

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Fri Jan 1 21:45:29 PST 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Tom, My spin pole is 10', 6'', as is my J.  According to local PHRF rules I
take a penalty for anything longer.  My boat rates 240 in DRYA lists.  ( took
me a while to get it there, when I bought the boat, used, in 1987, she was
rated at 225, locally)  That rating takes into consideration a solic, two
blade prop  (13/7)    DRYA is Detroit River Yachting Association, who rate all
the boats north of Lake Erie to southern Lower lake Huron.  There are a lot of
boats here, but I am the only A 30 racing locally.  I did carry a long
12'6''pole when I sailed the Machinaw in 92, to get the penalty to drop my
rating so I could enter.  (Mim rating 225 for the race)  I can pick up some
flags in JAM races, and once in a while in spin classes.
Russ