[alberg30] Re: Rust stains

Tom Sutherland tomsu at uky.campuscw.net
Thu Jan 7 11:06:07 PST 1999

From: Tom Sutherland <tomsu at uky.campuscw.net>

Dick ,

    A sail maker in key west fla. put me onto a product by the name of
"Ospho" by Skyco. The label indicates that it contains phosphoric acid. The
product can usually be found around coastal areas and is also used to prep.
metal on work boats before painting. It is reasonably priced ($6.00 to
$8.00 per Qt.) and I have been pleased with the results. You might also
check with a local sail loft.

    There was a real good article in the "Mainsheet" a while back to answer
your swim-boarding ladder question. This is the monthly publication of the
Chesapeake Bay Alberg 30 Ass. and if you are not currently a member it is
well worth your while.
    As I recall the article even gave the model # of the ladder  which I
believe was carried by West Marine. I can't recall the details but I do
remember putting it on my "mental long list" .......... Now where did I
file that copy of the Mainsheet"?

Tom S
A 30  #412
'InCahoots'