[alberg30] Re: Rust stains

Marjorie Goettle mgoettle at erols.com
Thu Jan 7 15:48:33 PST 1999

From: Marjorie Goettle <mgoettle at erols.com>

Re: swim ladder,

Years ago, we through bolted a stainless steel 4 rung boarding ladder to
the transon.  The lower 2 rungs are under water when the ladder is
down.  The round rungs are uncomfortable on bare feet, but wooden treads
can be made pretty easily.

When underway, we fold it up to keep it from dragging.  We keep a bungy
cord tied to its then lowest rung (the top rung when in the water) all
of the time.  When we fold the ladder up, we loop the cord up over the
top and tie it off to the stern rail.  That holds it up in place, but if
someone would fall overboard, they should be able to reach the lower
knot to untie it and get the ladder down.  I do not remember the brand.

Marjorie Goettle
Jubilant #435