[alberg30] Re: Considering Purchase

Jackie E. Thomas JThomas at lombard.ca
Fri Jan 8 06:53:15 PST 1999

From: "Jackie E. Thomas" <JThomas at lombard.ca>

Hi,  what I heard was that at some point during your renaming ceremony you
have to sail backwards over the old name.  Apparently somewhere on the net
there is a site that describes the full ceremony but I have forgotten where
it is or what it was called.

On my boat I truncated the original name of Contrary Wind down to Contrary
(the owner wanted to rename his new boat CW) but I did a full naming
ceremony complete with good French champagne (that was the best part!) and
she has still lived up to her name - great boat; rotten engine (now an
anchor).

Even if you are not superstitious it is great fun to do and it also makes
you feel that it is definitely your boat.

Regards

Jackie

"Guy Lalonde" <guy.lalonde at sympatico.ca> on 01/07/99 09:20:20 PM

Please respond to alberg30 at onelist.com