[alberg30] Re: snow

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Fri Jan 8 02:15:23 PST 1999

From: "Gordon E. White" <gewhite at crosslink.net>

Greg:

    I can sympathize about too much snow. That is one reason I am now in
southern Virginia. I see snow on the tube in Washington but we have hazy
sunshine here.

    Actually we had a severe ice storm Christmas Eve and lost power for
four days. The power was not so bad. I put in propane heat last spring,
replacing a heat pump, and a 5 KW generator last summer, so we had
enough electricity to run the furnace, the refrig, the freezer and some
lights if we weren't too careless. Even the Christmas lights on the
dock, which the guy across the creek too to be bragging - his generator
was only 1 kw.
    BUT we had no water. The little water system in this community
requires power. No water tower, so we had to dip water from the creek to
flush with and drain wash water from the water heater.
    I'll take snow over ice-
                                                            - Gordon
White