[alberg30] Re: Boom Gallows

Jacques Guerette jguerett at nortelnetworks.com
Mon Jan 18 10:47:16 PST 1999

From: "Jacques Guerette" <jguerett at nortelnetworks.com>

I'm thinking about doing the same thing for some of the same reasons as you.
In fact, I'll be visiting the Toronto Boat Show (largest in Canada) later
this week with a view to locating the gear to do this.

I've seen pictures of A30s with the gallows at the forward end of the
cockpit built almost to be part of the dodger.  I never really liked the
look though it was certainly functional.  If you look at the cover of Dan
Spurr's "Upgrading the Cruising Sailboat" there is a picture of his Triton
with a gallows fitted at the aft-end.  With its strong similarity to the
A30, you'll get a clear idea of what it would look like on your boat.  I
think it looks really pretty in a "salty" sort of way.

I'd appreciate hearing about any sources you come across.  Can you tell me
where to find ABI?

Jacques