[alberg30] Atomic 4 rpms

Bill Newman bnewman at netcom.ca
Thu Jul 22 05:54:40 PDT 1999

From: Bill Newman <bnewman at netcom.ca>

The maximum rpm I can get with my Atomic 4 in forward gear is 1400.
Recently, when leaving a harbour in a bad wind and wave against current
condition  I could only get 1200 and barely made headway (about one
knot).  Normally I cruise it at about 1000 to 1200 rpms and get about 5
or 5 1/2 knots in normal conditions.  Does anyone know how high it
should go under load and what may be the cause of it not revving
higher?  The engine runs very smooth and quiet and will idle down so it
is barely audible.  It will also rev up high in neutral.  Any comments
or suggestions will be appreciated.

Bill Newman
Marion Rose III

ONElist:  your connection to people who share your interests.