[alberg30] Bowsprit Plan Question

Forhan, Thomas Thomas.Forhan at mail.house.gov
Fri Jul 30 05:44:05 PDT 1999

From: "Forhan, Thomas" <Thomas.Forhan at mail.house.gov>

	Anyone actually made one of these from Bob Marshall's plan?
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/Alberg30/projects.html
<http://www.angelfire.com/ca/Alberg30/projects.html>

	First, I am wondering if the 2x4 and 2x3 dimensions nominal, or
actual?

	Second-Bob used fir out of his scrap pile. No fir in my scrap pile,
though. Douglas  fir is nice and tough - I know that from my west coast
days, but it seems to be a special order item here on the east coast. A
lumber yard suggested using hemlock fir, but says it is softer than douglas.
Any other thoughts on alternative wood choices for this project?

	Thanks,

	Tom Forhan

GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! A NextCard Platinum VISA: DOUBLE Rewards points,
       NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9 percent FIXED APR.
Apply online today!                http://www.onelist.com/ad/nextcard1