[alberg30] Main Halyard Sheave

John Bailey jebailey at freeway.net
Tue Jul 13 14:58:53 PDT 1999

Help!    My main halyard jumped the sheave and could not be freed from between the sheave and mast.  Because I wanted to do some other work, I had the mast taken down.  I found the sheave to in very poor shape.  My halyard is wire and the wire really tore up the sheave over the years.  I don't think it's worth trying to save, however, I've found that finding a 6 1/2 inch sheave is very difficult.  I'm not going to be able to sail till I find somewhere to get a new sheave.  Does anyone know where I can get one, and get it quick?  Also, I would like to go to a rope halyard.  Any thoughts on that?

John Bailey
"Zevulun"  #33