[alberg30] Sails

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Wed Jul 14 09:27:43 PDT 1999

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi Sanders,

I had to buy a new main for Stargazer, and at the boat shows in 97 I priced
everyone, and found Lee sails to be significantly less expensive, and as I
wasn't racing, and had alot of other priority expenses, I went with them.
The sail came to 900dollars or so with two rows of reefs.  The workmanship
was excellent, but, if you go with them, specify WHERE you want the two rows
of reefs; one my sail they are both too low, and I think I will have to have
a third row put in, where the second realy should be.  Otherwise, I have no
complaints.
My friends on Sea Gal, #248 went with a NJ loft, and have a more racy main
for 1400 or so. One full batten on top, that rubs the backstay on every tack
or jibe.  Does the extra sail area aloft make you faster on the light days of
LIS in July/August? Not worth it to me, but maybe it would be to you.
Good Luck,
Lee
Stargazer #255

Start a new ONElist list & you can WIN great prizes!
http://www.onelist.com
See homepage for details on ONElist's new "FRIENDS & FAMILY" program.