[alberg30] Atomic 4 rpms

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Thu Jul 22 08:45:33 PDT 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Bill, you failed to tell us what prop size and pitch you are running, and if
it is a two or three blade.  Perhaps you have too much pitch.  I use a 13" by
7" pitch. and have no problems turning 2000 or more, but get some knocking
(cavatation)at the higher revs.  I normally run at 1450 or 1500 and get 6K or
better in flat water.  Bad valves might cut your power with a load, but still
rev ok with no load.  Perhaps they are burned or eroded.  Do you use a lead
replacement such as "Valvetec" with each tank of gas?
Russ Pfeiffer.

Congrats to GROW TO GIVE winners, ZENtertainment & ROTInews!
http://www.onelist.com
Check out ONElist’s new program, FRIENDS & FAMILY.  See homepage.