[alberg30] lifelines & sidestays

mgrosh mgrosh at shore.intercom.net
Mon Jul 26 07:12:13 PDT 1999

From: "mgrosh" <mgrosh at shore.intercom.net>

         Second ... about how much sag is normal for the roller furling
     extrusion ( mine is Sea Furl by Hood) before I put too much stuff on
the
     backstay
Sailmakers usually build the foresails accounting for a certain amount of
sag-I believe 3-4" under sail is standard-at least for hanked on sails. your
sailmaker  would almost certainly be able to tell you what yours are
designed for. Go close hauled under sail and sight up the forestay and you
can get a pretty accurate 'eyeball' of what your sag is.

Michael

ONElist:  your connection to people who share your interests.