[alberg30] Introduction and query

Wed Jun 23 05:45:16 PDT 1999

> SandersM at aol.com said:
>
> I realize the folly of eliciting from a group of Alberg 30 slaves their
> opinions as to how their masters sail ... but I would nonetheless be grateful
> if someone -- anyone -- would take this opportunity to sing their praises, or
> to vent their frustrations, as to what I can expect when I take the tiller.

Don't underestimate the effect of sail condition.  When we first
got our A30, I had the impression that the boat had a lot of
weather helm and used to sail with a big "bubble" in the luff
of the main.  When I got a new main, I found out that the old
sail was just too full (stretched) for anything above light air.
Sails will seem to "work" for a lot longer than they will
work well.

 - George

  George Dinwiddie                                  gdinwiddie at min.net
  sailing.          http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Alberg30/