[alberg30] Canoe as a A-30 tender

Dan Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Fri Jun 25 06:23:50 PDT 1999

From: Dan Sternglass <dans at stmktg.com>

All,

For what it's worth, we used a canoe as an A-30 tender in the "Thousand
Islands" on a 2-week sailing and camping trip, maybe 10 years ago, and
it worked great. When it got rough, we'd haul it aboard the boat and lay
it on the foredeck upside down, somewhat diagonally. We had checked that
out in adavance, and it fits well, tho it does use up a lot of space.

It was -great- to have it for paddling around and exploring in the
evenings. We loaded it with coolers and camping gear, never had any
stability problems for the short runs to shore from where we anchored.
It was a bit harder to tow than my 8' dinghy, but we were very happy
with it on that trip.

--Dan Sternglass
dans at stmktg.com
#201, "Watcher of the Skies," Ithaca, NY, Cayuga Lake

With more than 20 million e-mails exchanged daily...
http://www.onelist.com
...ONElist is home to the liveliest discussions on the Internet!