[alberg30] Finally Sailing!!!

John Bailey jebailey at freeway.net
Tue Jun 29 18:32:15 PDT 1999

Just a note of thanks to all those who offered advice.  I've never sailed before this year.  Buying an Alberg 30 seemed a bit daunting at first.  However, with your help I have been able to get "Zevulun" up and running and have been sailing a few times.  I've still got a lot of cosmetics to get to, but at least I'll be able to sail her while I'm working.

Another question.  I have made a new nameplate for the transom out of teak.  The other one was in sad shape.  After cutting out the shape I wanted, I tried to steam the the board to bend it to the curve of the transom.  I was not successful and wondered if anyone else had tried this and how you accomplished the bend.

John Bailey
"Zevulun" #33