[alberg30] Gas Tanks

Arthur D. Chotin afpadc at afprinters.com
Wed Jun 30 07:53:43 PDT 1999

From: "Arthur D. Chotin" <afpadc at afprinters.com>

We pulled our leaking 12 gallon metal can out last year and replaced it with an
18 gallon plastic one which we put in the lazarette which we were not really
putting to good use. Thnius has freed up a lot of space in the fuel locker and
had not had any downsides. We were concerned about the additional weight on the
transom but we've balanced that off by moving a few things to the v-berth. Whole
thing has worked out pretty well.

Arthur

Charles Haggart wrote:

> From: "Charles Haggart" <chaggart at sympatico.ca>
>
> Any suggestions on refitting a gas tank in the starboard locker? I pulled my
> last week, an aluminium refit that was at least 20 years old pitted and
> manky and leaking. Are there specs for the original one? I am currently
> using a jerry can ( less than ideal).
>
> Charles Haggart KC150

> Attention ONElist list owners.
> http://www.onelist.com
> Check out the new "DEFAULT MODERATED STATUS" option.  See homepage.

Arthur D. Chotin
President
American Financial Printers
1700 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20006
(202) 457-0030
Fax: (202) 457-0147
email: afpadc at afprinters.com
http:www.afprinters.com

How many communities do you think join ONElist each week?
http://www.onelist.com
More than 5,000!  Create yours now!