[alberg30] Water Tank and Handrails

JANET LEMBO jlsasha at erols.com
Wed Jun 9 19:16:53 PDT 1999

From: JANET LEMBO <jlsasha at erols.com>

John Bailey wrote:

> I have been trying to find the freshwater tank.  The previous owners
> did not have a line hooked up to the galley.  I have traced the water
> intake from the port bow down to the area in the v-berth between the
> two berths.  However, it is completely built-in and I cannot find
> where it can be checked.  Is this normal or am I looking in the wrong
> place.  Is it possible that the tank has been damaged and that's why
> it is not used.
>
> Also, my deck handrails are in sad shape and I would like to replace
> them.  All the places I've checked sell 5 loop handrails that are 53"
> long and 10.5" on center.  Mine are 56" long and 10.75 on center.
> Does anyone know where I can buy the handrails that fit the Alberg 30
> deck.
>
> And lastly, I would like to put in a holding tank for the head.  Does
> anyone have experience with flexible holding tanks.  Is that a good
> idea, or, is there a common way of getting this done.
>
> As always, any help would be very much appreciated.
>
> John Bailey
> "Zevulun" #33
John, I repaired my water tank over the winter. It is part of the inner
liner of the boat with an aluminum cover. I had to cut small a section
of the woodwork to get the cover off. Glad I did. the old calking used
39 years ago was soft and some in the bottom of the tank.. Drill out the
pop rivets and take the cover off repair any cracks in the fiber glass.
Take the cover if still good and grind off any oxidation 36 grit and
fiberglass the bottom of the cover. reseal with silicone and new pop
rivets.Put the A piece back in with wood backing and use coated
sheetrock screws.. I went to the plumbing supply and picked up a small
carbon filter unit and mounted it under the starboard side storage.
Good luck  Joel..