[alberg30] Exhaust fan for Diesel

Gordon E. White gewhite at crosslink.net
Tue Jun 15 01:43:21 PDT 1999

From: "Gordon E. White" <gewhite at crosslink.net>

    Exhaust fans as you describe are to rid the bilge of gasoline fumes,
which might be explosive, before starting an inboard gas engine (Atomic
4). Required by the Coast Guard. Not required for diesel, which is much
safer. Not a cooling fan. I took mine out entirely. (It did not work
anyway.) I keep the two ventilators to allow fresh air to circulate
belowdecks in the engine compartment naturally.
                                                - Gordon White A-275