[alberg30] a4 handcrank

Robert E Johns bobjns at nais.com
Thu Jun 17 19:28:32 PDT 1999

From: Robert E Johns <bobjns at nais.com>

>What is this hand crank for an Atomic 4? Where does the hand crank go in
>the engine, and can any model A4 use a hand crank? I see that Moyer Marine
>sells a hand crank for @$53.

 Joe,

 The handcrank fits the crankshaft at the flywheel on the front of the
engine. The crankshaft is drilled for a pin that engages the crank. If a
pulley is added to the front of the engine to drive a fresh water cooling
pump or a heavy duty alternator, the pin was probably cut off so the pulley
could be installed. In that case the crank cannot be used.

Regards,
	Bob Johns, Wind Call #397