[alberg30] towing canoes

sunstone sunstone at idirect.com
Thu Jun 24 21:32:31 PDT 1999

From: sunstone <sunstone at idirect.com>

Dear SandersM at aol.com:

Pierre Berton once said that "the definition of a Canadian is a person
who knows how to make love in a canoe."  Beyond that they are great for
camping, white water rafting, and portaging.   As a tender for a boat
the only thing more likely to dump you in the water is trying to balance
yourself on a football climbing on and off your boat.   A little hard on
the Nikon or Cannon.

Hey it's a free country,  but I'll stick to my beamy pram tender thanks.

Just sign me a Canadian or eh Canadian if you prefer.

Fair winds and good drying conditions,

John Birch, Sunstone KC-65

SandersM at aol.com wrote:

> From: SandersM at aol.com
>
> TO THE LIST:
>
> Canoes are so much easier to row than dinghies.  Has anyone out there ever
> tried to tow a canoe instead of a dinghy for use as a tender?  I can see how
> tipping while underway might be a problem, but surely an inflated fender tied
> alongside either gunwale of the canoe would prevent that.
>
> Thouhts?
>
> Sanders McNew,
> New York City.

> Attention ONElist list owners.
> http://www.onelist.com
> Check out the new "DEFAULT MODERATED STATUS" option.  See homepage.

Looking to expand your world?
http://www.onelist.com
ONElist has 175,000 e-mail communities from which to choose!