[alberg30] sails

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Sat Jun 26 07:51:58 PDT 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Joel,  I sail with a 170 dacron jib, a 145 Mylar jib, and a working jib.  I
hardly ever usr the working jib.  I have a 3/4 oz chute,and a .6 oz full
radial chute.  all these sails are Boston, or Doyle-Boston, sails.  The .6 oz
chute is great up to about 12 K of wind.  I also have a "half and half" main.
 Full battons on the top two, normal on the lowers.   It seems to improve
light air performance, which we have a lot of on Lk St Clair.  I am the only
Alberg raceing in the Detroit River Yachting Association, so class standards
don't matter to me, as I sail PHRF.
Incidently, I have a 13-7 prop, and I run about 6K or better at 1500 rpm, and
I can rev more, but seem to get some thumping, (cavation?), so I limit
cruising reves to 1500.  In rougher water, use a few more.  Hope this helps.
Russ

ONElist:  the best source for group communications.
http://www.onelist.com
Join a new list today!