[alberg30] Another new owner!

SandersM at aol.com SandersM at aol.com
Tue Jun 29 22:28:48 PDT 1999

From: SandersM at aol.com

TO THE LIST:

On Sunday, I purchased Hull 297, (soon-to-be-ex) LADY JO, and sailed her
around from Jamaica Bay on the South Shore of Brooklyn, around and up through
New York Harbor to her new home in Oyster Bay, New York, on the Sound.  With
a strong southerly, we had a long reach west to the Verrazano Narrows, a long
run up the Harbor and the East River, and another long reach east up the
Sound to Oyster Bay.  What a great sail!  I guess I'll have to discover how
she goes to weather on another day, but this boat reaches like a dream.

We had one unpleasant surprise along the way -- we filled her bilges several
times with water, apparently from the stuffing box for the rudderpost.  Is
this a common occurrence?  Any wisdom on the point that I should know?

Anyway, I guess this makes me a permanent member of this mail list.  I look
forward to getting to know you all.

Regards,

Sanders McNew,
New York City.

Looking for a new hobby?  Want to make a new friend?
http://www.onelist.com
Come join one of 180,000 e-mail communities at ONElist!