Scheduled Maintenance (fwd)

Mon Mar 22 08:55:01 PST 1999

From: A30240 at aol.com

When I repowered Isa Lei, I used a 13x13.  This is attached to a Yanmar 2GM.
With a clean bottom I get an honest 6+ at 2800, about 1/3 gph.  This reading
is from a calibrated log.  At wide open it will burn a lot of fuel, throw a
big bow wave and look like it is dragging the Bay behind me, just over 7.
Needless to say since I'm hitting hull speed at 2800, this is where I cruise.
The extra power is held in reserve in case someone wants to avoid "Keel
Wheels".  As to shafts, if you have a good stainless shaft - use it.  If you
still have the bronze one, you should get a new stainless one.  The two blade
used with the Atomic 4 is a 13x7.

Jim Davis