[alberg30] Tillers

Tue Mar 23 13:41:56 PST 1999

From: A30240 at aol.com

The boat came with a 13x7 two blade as stock.  Most AT4's in the Alberg turn
about 1500 rpm.  Admittitdly the engine needs to turn at a higher rpm based on
the power curve for the engine, but consider the age of the beast.  At 14-1500
rpm you are getting about 10 ponys from it.

I tried a 12x6, and know of several that have tried 12x9.  The 12x6 just
didn't produce the power to push into heavy seas.  In calm water it was great,
but it lacked punch.  The 12x9s reportedly did better.  I would suggest
staying with the stock one, or perhaps 13x6.

If you were to put in a reduction gear then things would be different, but I
wouldn't want to do a cost analysis.

Jim Davis
Isa Lei
240