[alberg30] prop talk-paul

PLefkovith at aol.com PLefkovith at aol.com
Sat Mar 6 17:14:11 PST 1999

From: PLefkovith at aol.com

The last few days props, props props, Gordon white is correct  The higher
Rpm's you turn the less bearing wear you have from lugging the engine.
Better water and oil circulation and less carbon build -up. When i purchased
my Atomic "hore" the old bag would only turn 1000. SO, I removed the head
had it milled, cleaned the valves, removed the carbon with glass beed and
lastly had the prop pitched down to take the load off the engine. By-the way
on a  standard A 30 prop  13x7  each inch will add 150 RPM'S  With new
plugs and a clean carb she will turn 2200. I also had a bad smoke problem,
i put on a smoke re-circ from that guy  at INDIGO  electronics, it works
great.