[alberg30] Re: Tillers

Wed Mar 24 08:26:48 PST 1999

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Gordon, Russ, thx for your advice.  That 14 inch three blade looked huge to
me, and once I heard all of you had 13 inch props, I suspected I had yet
another project to do, and now I'm sure of it!
  Even though I have a diesel, that volvo MD ll, 18 hp, what do you guys think
of a two blade vs. a three blade?  Is a three blade mandatory for a diesel?
Does anyone with a diesel have a two blade prop?
  To answer your question, Russ, no i did not modify the rudder in any way.
This is how the boat came.  The guy who owned the boat before me did some
excellent work, namely the teak and holly cabin sole, and then there were
things he did that were not so good.  the engine installation was one of them.
I wouldnt be surprised if he got a good deal on a second hand prop, and if it
was 14" vs. 13", he figured it wouldn't make that much difference!  More grip
at low rpm!  One more thing I have to undo!
  Ive never messed with props, and I'm not going to start now. Anyone know who
sells and installs props in the NY area?
Thanks, friends,
Lee Trachtenberg
Stargazer #255