[alberg30] Re: Motor mounts

RABBIT649 at aol.com RABBIT649 at aol.com
Thu Mar 11 10:19:50 PST 1999

From: RABBIT649 at aol.com

Yes, I too need all the info I can get about motor mounts. I got my A30 with a
badly installed diesel upgrade and I'd love to reinstall it with new mounts. I
know Westerbeke used to offer a customizable fiberglass and foam mount that
could be cut to fit any boat. Anything like that that would work with a Yanmar
2GM in an Alberg would be good news.
	I think mounts that form too"hard" a connection to the hull transmit a lot of
(noisy and fatiguing) vibration. I think the best system is a thrust bearing
system, where the shaft pushes directly against a cross member aft of the
engine,  then, forward of that, a vibrationless coupling to an engine that's
"soft" mounted to the hull: The shaft transmits full thrust, the engine
transmits (theoreticallY) no vibration.
	What do you think?
Regards,
Paul Cicchetti