[alberg30] Slab reefing diagram

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Thu Mar 25 09:11:05 PST 1999

From: FINNUS505 at aol.com

Hi Bob Kirk,
the reefing system we were talking about works well, and I would suggest it
highly.  You asked for a diagram, but I don't have a scanner, unfortunately.
It's a rolling hitch to the boom slightly aft of where the leach cringle would
be when the foot is maximaly stretched; through the reef leach cringle, aft to
the fiddle block, then forward along the boom to your cleat or winch.
You can use the SS fairleads to keep the line from dangling from the boom, or
make wooden ones like I did that are flatter and less painful.
When rigging, its not always obvious which reef line should go to which
sheave on the fiddle block to prevent twisting and chafe, so it make take one
or two tries to get the best location.
Hope this helps,
Lee
Stargazer #255