[alberg30] Re: Access

Tom Sutherland tomsu at uky.campuscw.net
Mon Mar 1 08:46:55 PST 1999

From: Tom Sutherland <tomsu at uky.campuscw.net>

Hi Jacques !

    When I bought my boat (#412 1970) it had a 10 x 14" cut out on the
forward cockpit sole. The hatch which was there was the inexpensive  type
which I now need to replace. I can see no weakening of the cockpit sole with
this size cut out. I Plan to enlarge the opening to about 15 1/2 x 17 1/2 but
will be installing one of the more expensive "cast aluminum" hatches.