[alberg30] Re: Michigan

greg vandenberg fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net
Mon Mar 1 11:33:34 PST 1999

From: greg vandenberg <fashionguy at mailhost.kal.ameritech.net>

Lee and group... I'll try and not make this too personal but I do enjoy
hearing about where others are sailing out of in the group. I was a NY'er for
a while. From 89 to 94. At 7th & 30th. next to Penn Station.

	We sail out of White lake with great access to Michigan. The boat is on a
rolling cradle so we can drag it around for winter storage. This year we
hauled in Muskegon about 40 mi north of Holland and 10 miles south of White
lake. Margo and I don't sail south of Muskegon lake (much) because it gets
pretty touristy when you start to think that all the time your getting closer
to Ind. and Il. and the Chicago crowd. You all got to know this is one
beautiful lake! Just to many people when your trying to get away. A funny
thing I've noticed about the coast is that as soon as you get 5 mi's off the
traffic falls away the chop dies down and the wind steadies. There seams to be
a hwy. along the coast. Going north is incredible. The Mac race got started in
an  effort to get the boats up north to Mackinaw Island so they could cruise
home with their families. The anchorage's are very attractive and the water is
clean and fresh. You can certainly drink the water in parts of the lake. I
better stop sounding like a tourist burial.

regards,
greg