[alberg30] Re: The List, is it kaput?

sunstone sunstone at idirect.com
Wed Mar 10 11:55:54 PST 1999

From: sunstone <sunstone at idirect.com>

Peter:

The KC in Canadian boats stands for Kingdom of Canada, as part of the
Commonwealth, left over from the old Empire.   Therefore New Zealand is
KZ, Australia is KA, etcetera.  And there was allot of them.

Although not an ardent traditionalist, I was disappointed a couple of
years ago when the IYRU, now the ISAF decided to change to a more
international depoliticized orientation as if nation states are anything
but political units.

Nor am I a teary eyed Monarchist either, personally I don't think the
debate is worth the trouble either way, leave things be "it 'aint
broke...."

I just think KC has more panachè on a sail than the new letters CAN.

Take care and I hope this went to you,  I'm still learning this
newfangled contraption, and not out across the site.

J Birch, Sunstone KC-65