[alberg30] Re: Info

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Wed Mar 17 12:27:34 PST 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

George, I'm hopeing you can help me.  I plan on installing 2 new winches on my
boat, farther forward so the crew does'nt get jammed trimming head sails when
the tiller is over for a tack...I plan on leaving my Barlow 2 speeds in back
for the Spinnaker sheets.  I've seen pictures of later Albergs with the
elongated whinch bases farther forward.  I also remember reading that all the
molds  were purchased by some chap in Virginia.
Does he make them up to sell , or does anyone else have a mold to make them
up?  I would like to buy the starboard and port bases.  I could make them up
from wood, but I would rather have the fiberglass.  I need something big
enough to take some 2 speeds,  about a '24' size.  Appriciate any help you can
give on this, thanks.
Russ Pfeiffer    Ca Va #251