[alberg30] Re: Upgrading my Alberg30

Rap1208 at aol.com Rap1208 at aol.com
Thu Mar 18 21:31:19 PST 1999

From: Rap1208 at aol.com

Shawn, you got a lot of pretty good advice from Lee.  About those screens;  I
installed 4 opening Lewmar ports, with screens in the forward cabin, head and
locker.  I got the ones just slightly larger than the originals so I didn't
have to do too much cutting with the saber saw.  .  A wprd of caution: they
supply metric bolts that are way too long.  Unless you have close scorce of
the proper size, or want to go to the trouble of shortening them,  you will
have to deal with Lewmar.  It took me a few phone calls to Lewmar to get the
right length, but they finally shipped them free.  The ports work great, and
so do the screens, and really improve conditions in the forward cabin in the
summer.  Indeed, in the whole boat as ventalation greatly improves.
Russ Pfeiffer